#}
  • Sie können sich hier registrieren, um Beiträge zu schreiben. Registrierte Nutzer können sich oben rechts anmelden.

5 Zeilen

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• check leo

........'to resolve a problem' it says

AND

'to solve a problem

so you are a show-off and owe Nerea a drink,
    just as she owes you one.

Kommentar

• Re: check leo

Leo is made by users, and compared to an official dictionary not reliable. I have already quoted my source (which, by the way, I did not need to check)()

Kommentar

Yeeessss....

I'll give him one for free....just4fun.

Kommentar

Es scheint weiterhin spannend zu bleiben. "lol"
          Ich werde mir aber jetzt endgültig "the secret" anschauen. Eventuell kann ich dann dieses Geheimnis für euch lüften. ;-)

Kommentar

Engelchen....ich sprech Dir Deine Fähigkeiten nicht ab, aber es heisst unter anderem "RE-solved" und Punkt.
            Fertig, te toca......

My "New International Webster's Comprehensive Dictionary" says...(listen/ read carefully):
            *To make clear,explain or solve, as a problem*
            Page n.1072....I'll show you,when you're near by.....

Kommentar

• well then.......

check das Duden-Oxford Grosswörterbuch

resolve:
              "a) (dispel)beseitigen, ausräumen (Schwierigkeiten, Unklarheiten, Zweifel); b) (explain) lösen (Problem, Rätsel),....."

Kommentar

lavalbalde:-)))

Kommentar

Jaja........el balde azul ??

Kommentar

• Re: Ladies and gents...

Nönö....even the bet for "resolved" is mine.....read above....:-))

Kommentar

You quoted: "solve a problem". There is a slight but clear difference between solving (a problem, a riddle, etc.) and resolve, for instance a conflict. Resolve is also reflective, e.g. "the situation resolved" and is final, "solve" is the result of an action, e.g. "I solved the riddle". I hope it is clear now, because I'm really off

Kommentar

• Re: well then.......

That's exactly one of the reasons why I sold my Duden-oxford and bought the Pons;-)

Kommentar

Ya, vete a la puta calle, hijo.....the grass is always greener on the otherside...
                          I'm on my way to ask an "native-speaker" to RE-solve this problem....

Kommentar

• Re: Ladies and gents...

Sorry...I'll show you live. And post the result:-)

Kommentar

To ask A native speaker...and as long as it is a problem, it can only be solved...native speakers by the way are not always the best SOlution (and not REsolution, please note the difference). You should know...remember you friend on the island...EVEN you can spell better her language than her;-)

Kommentar

**Joder...la N me escapó, o mas bien salido sin querer....
                                Bueno, hijo, querido, mi amor, mi pesadilla.....we'll check out ??
                                We're going to resolve this ****in' problem....**

You should know...remember you friend on the island...EVEN you can spell better her language than her;-)
                                **Yes, I remember...**

Kommentar

• Re: Prophetic...

Still room for more.....

Kommentar

solve. Or, in case you consider it as a conflict, it will resolve itself;-)

Kommentar

• Re: Prophetic...

A bit. But smalltalk can be continued elsewhere...

Kommentar

• Re: Nachtrag

Pons differenciates between solve and resolve, Duden does not. "Resolve" is a terminal concept, which does not depend on one's will; a war resolves, either you do something about or not. A riddle is only solved if you do solve it. U get it?

Kommentar

Well, actually I think we'll (re-)solve this problem, somehow...(or just forget about)

Kommentar

Since the SOlution is clear, there is no problem to be solved. We might have to REsolve a little conflict:-)))

Kommentar

We might have to REsolve a little conflict:-)))
                                              **Yes....REsolve a little conflict.....sounds good.
                                              Let's say, sounds familiar to me.....**

Kommentar

It's what I said from the very beginning...you can resolve a conflict, but you can only solve a problem (which you spelled wrong, "REsolve" the problem)

Don't try to sneak away as usual;-))

Kommentar

Reminds me : "You can Tunafish, but you can't tune a piano"....u know this ??

I^m not tryin' to sneak away, you'll know where to find me......

Kommentar

You can't Tunafish, but you can tune a piano

**So rum, war's gedacht...ROFL. Obwohl, mit etwas Phantasie....**

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                                    X